1. AES Mong Duong Power Company Limited
AES Mong Duong Power Company Limited (the “BOT Company”), formerly the AES-VCM Mong Duong Power Company Limited, owner of Mong Duong 2 BOT Power Project, is a limited liability company formed by the affiliates of The AES Corporation (USA), Posco Energy (Korea) and China Investment Corporation (China).
Since 17th April 2020, the Company’s name was officially changed from AES-VCM Mong Duong Power Company Limited to AES Mong Duong Power Company Limited.
Mong Duong 2 BOT Power Project
• Location: Mong Duong ward, Cam Pha City, Quang Ninh province, Vietnam
• Net Capacity: 1120 MW with 2 units of 560 MW each
• Fuel: domestic coal
• Investment Capital: approximately USD 2.1 billion
• Investment type: 100% foreign investment under the Build – Operate – Transfer (BOT) scheme.
The Plant will be transferred to Government of Vietnam after 25 years of operation
• Commercial Operation Date: April 2015
+ Installation, Erection & Commissioning: Doosan Heavy Industries Vietnam Co. Ltd.
+ Equipment Supply: Doosan Heavy Industries and Construction
+ Engineering: Doosan Power Systems India Pvt. Ltd.
• Actual peak manpower during construction: approximately 7,500
• Estimated number of employees during operation phase: approximately 200, mostly local Vietnamese